December 4, 2014
On 2 December 2014, a new Cabinet was appointed in Ukraine embarking on a pro-reform and anti-corruption policy. With an ongoing military conflict in eastern Ukraine, the new government faces serious economic, military and social challenges ahead. We are proud of the election and appointment of so many from National University of Kyiv Mohyla Academy. We wish them courage, wisdom, perseverance, and success in building a New Ukraine.
Three ministers in Ukraine’s new Cabinet and 7 members of Parliament are from Kyiv Mohyla Academy, including Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Education, and Vice Speaker of Parliament.
Cabinet of Ministers
Hennadiy Zubko also serves as Minister of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Utilities.
Parliament of Ukraine
Oksana Syroyid was elected Vice Speaker of Parliament.
Syroyid is from the Party Samopomich, she graduated in Political Science in 1997.
“For the first time in the history of Ukrainian’s Parliament, a woman is to serve in the Presidium of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine,” noted Groysman, the new Speaker of Parliament, on Thursday.
Members of Parliament:
- Anton Herashchenko – from the Party Narodnyj Front, graduate of Kyiv Mohyla Business School
- Tetiana Ostrikova – from the Party Samopomich, graduate of the Law Faculty 2002
- Rostyslav Pavlenko – from the Poroshenko Block, graduated in Political Science 1997 and PhD candidate
- Boryslav Rozenblat – from the Poroshenko Block, studied at Kyiv Mohyla Business School
- Ostap Semerak – from the Party Narodnyj Front, graduated in Political Science 1998
- Oleksij Skrypnyk – faculty member of Kyiv Mohyla Business School